About Me

My photo
Writer, poet, dramatist and actor with a passion for performing!

Wednesday 6 July 2011

I am Zakiya Gill

I am Zakiya Gill a 21 year old writer/actor/poet/dramatist with an insatiable passion for performing. I have decided to remove my makeup, all my face painting, take off my body suits and metallic gloves and show you the real me. This blog is not about Hov, Lucy Grey, the Grim Reaper or any of the personalities that take over when I am on stage. It’s about me Zakiya just ‘speaking my mind’. This blog is a peek into my mind and everyday life. It’s a look into the challenges I encounter and how I deal with them. A database of all the lessons that I learn. It’s a place to record my successes and where memories of old emotions and past events are be dealt with from time to time.

Think of it as an E-Dairy. lol I like the sound of that “Zakiya Speaks: An E-Dairy” *dusts dirt of my shoulder*

I decided to start blogging for two reasons, firstly because I was forced into it lol (Eh calling any names…. Eh making ah scene lol). Secondly I strongly believe everything happens for a reason and I was blessed with an extraordinary gift of writing. Most of my monologues are inspired by my life experiences but I am way too shy to ‘be myself’ on a stage, so characters are created. I consider this blog as part of my ‘Rebirth’ and a medium to get my thoughts heard offstage.

I have rid myself of fear, learnt to control my temper, and stopped 'taking people on' (working on the patience). In the last 9 months I have learnt a lot about myself and feel like a new person. Everyone has problems and we all battle our demons so hopefully I’ll be able to inspire a few to ‘speak up’ and to those that are afraid to, know you’re not alone! 

I am Zakiya Gill do you know who you are???

ZakiyaSpeaks: Facebook, Twitter, Reverbnation

1 comment:

  1. I love that you've started to blog! Let you thought, ideas and experiences be heard! Have fun with it! Looking forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete