About Me

My photo
Writer, poet, dramatist and actor with a passion for performing!

Saturday 21 January 2012

Blank Page


He’s just another blank page in my book
Waiting for me to leave my mark
Another one trapped by my bright smile
And slowly realizes my mind is equally as dark
Claims he loves my intelligence
And I fit perfectly with his street smarts
He’s another victim to my mind games
 And can’t tell if this is the end or did we even start
Seduced by my antics and captivated by my words
Life with me is no ordinary run in the park
Chased by pitbulls, stumbling on pebbles and boulders
He’s getting fit to hold my heart
But I refuse too even let him hold my hand
Blowing out his fire every time he achieves a spark
How do I let him know this vessel is empty, broken, as I alone must walk this path!

Unknowingly to him I am a stranger
As he has fallen in love with Lucy Grey
Feelings blocked by another ego
Refusing to activate my emotions as my blood fades to gray
I have not the patience of a lion and he is just another innocent prey
One that I must devour
But I rather starve my hunger, and leave this grasshopper to go his merry way
Now that Zakiya is safely tuck away
Painted faces appear resulting in an unfair play
Poetic injustice mixed with monetary gains
I pretend that I am happy in his arms I reluctantly lay
I make him believe he has me figured out and I am not left with much to say
My mother already approves of our involvement
But she can’t save him from judgment day

Unlimited love he gives me
Golden respect he shows me
Yet I am undeserving
He’s everything I wanted not, as not even his physical is appealing
Reminds me much of ‘Remember Me Not’*
Because of her he will be forever hurting
Blame me not as my mind is made up and my heart is already sleeping
I am the bad guy not filled with love
Should have just said no from the beginning
Riddle me not he wants me to stop
As he finds my beauty overwhelming
I face him not as tears build up
My fingers articulately express my the way I am feeling
I love him not and I want him to stop
As my heart beat drops leaving him cold and shaking

*’Remember Me Not’ is a calypso sang by Megan Walrond

1 comment: