About Me

My photo
Writer, poet, dramatist and actor with a passion for performing!

Saturday 21 January 2012

The Piano Man and Me


In the corner of the room
Where the sun rays could not have reached
I was hypnotize by his rhythmic pattern
As he now had my soul on a leash
By the time his fingers had touch the keys
My security system had already been breached
It was too late to resist
As he had, already played out his first music sheet

He stops for a minute and offers me a seat
"Take control..." he said, without missing a beat
My inexperienced fingers pressed gently against the keys
A little off cue, struggling at first, distracted by the mind bulging heat
He embraced me, pulling me closer, ensuring me that it was obtainable
"Help me" I confessed as the pace seemed unachievable
He complied to my demands, not taking control
But nurturing me till every inch of me became comfortable

Ring, middle, index drastically placed on black and white keys
Was a sharp contrast to the way his music was making me feel
Already in my veins, getting closer to my heart
He was still staring at me
As the windows to my soul gave into his plead
The unspoken question, "Why can't we just be?"
I looked away, hoping this emotion would flee
But as he queued up "Beautiful" "Darkie", something jolted inside of me
A constant reminder that there was no separating the Piano, Man and Me

Now the lesson was over and Hova was left at the piano
The creator of everything, but still she couldn't understand this instrument complexity
As it almost made her grovel
She tilted her head and wonder if she had used the correct shovel
She then shook her head and rose to her feet
Turned away as she could only hope his music will follow
Concealing the music sheet, she takes one more look and deeply swallows
As the corner of her eyes glimpsed a potential halo
It was far from reality, no inferiority in no way shallow
As her lazy eyes catches the rising sunrays penetrating the gloomy and resisting shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment