About Me

My photo
Writer, poet, dramatist and actor with a passion for performing!

Saturday 21 January 2012

New Shoes


My guilty pleasures are my shoes
Jimmy Choo’s, not one pair but two
Lately I’ve lost my love for you
It’s more like a nightmare, than a dream come through
I would have done anything to preserve you and keep you brand new
I thought you were unique, special and only came in a few
Until I saw you on the feet of every girl crew

Stiletto heels all you did was cause me pain!
You drained my love bank, now my credit needs bail
Your design was perfect, but inside was like jail
I can’t believe I made my heart replace my brain
Imitation, you were nothing more than the glass slipper from the Cinderella tale
Now broken, what do I do with the pieces that remain?
Conceal it, or put my heart back up for sale?
Stay pale and continue to wail, or just accept that this love was in vain?

Red shoes in the window, you have no clue
What I would do to make you my new shoe!
My new pair, no other could compare
But you don’t want me, so all I can do is stare
Hoping you would someday care
Instead of having me walk around bare
I try to fix you and mend your tear
But you didn’t want me, you prefer others to wear

New Shoes new shoes, why hurt me so
I guess New Shoes, is time to let you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment