About Me

My photo
Writer, poet, dramatist and actor with a passion for performing!

Saturday 21 January 2012

Temporary (un)happiness


Although I have neglected the covenant
I am willing to make a confirmation
My (un)happiness is never permanent
Or is it a fragment of my imagination?
Does my atonement deserve propitiation?
Could I lead a nation?
When I am in dire need of a physician, circumstance made me who I am
As I turned a blind eye towards divine revelation
After my resurrection, I want to reside in the firmament
I need an intercession for my benediction, as I maintain this mediation

Undeniably, I am potent with my delivery
So why does my content always get classed as a mystery?
Is it confusing like the nativity?
Or my present state of mind is nailed upon Calvary?
Like the Bible, my verses must possess longevity, existing in a spiritual realm
Where I do not have to face misery and uncertainty
My (un)happiness is always temporary
But I refuse to make life get the best of me
I was born free!
Yet I feel encaged in my destiny

Freezing time like a photograph is one thing I wish I could have done
when would I learn to absorb the moment, just like my parents did when my life had begun
I had an imaginary audience was I was young
As I detach myself from this world and I begin to grow numb
it’s like a phantom limb, like having your ten fingers without any thumb
Taking it all in minimum dosage, as I finally decided to give you some
To the carnally minded my slurps may seem dumb
But ever since my inception, it was my perception to make it out of this slum
My temporary (un)happiness may just as well explode like a bomb

No comments:

Post a Comment